Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Google Chrome Crashes at Account Sign-in Page on Mac Everytime

I need help figuring out how to get back to being able to sign into account for Chrome, I can sign in on safari, but many of the extensions and software I use connect to the account on chrome.

Here is what I've tried:

• Updated to latest OS and chrome
  • Uninstalled and Reinstalled Chrome (also deleted all files under Google Chrome in Application Support)
  • Turned off Hardware Accelerator
  • Started in safe mode and tried to login

Everytime Google Chrome is launched and I go to the login page (either to sign into sync or gmail) on the login page, it freezes and I am unable to type anything in. This has been going on for quite a while (>1 Month), but I still cannot figure out how to fix this. Any help is appreciated.

MacBook Pro

Posted on May 22, 2022 7:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2022 8:33 AM

RedThunderr wrote:

• I need help figuring out how to get back to being able to sign into account for Chrome, I can sign in on safari, but many of the extensions and software I use connect to the account on chrome.

Here is what I've tried:
Updated to latest OS and chrome
• Uninstalled and Reinstalled Chrome (also deleted all files under Google Chrome in Application Support)

Everytime Google Chrome is launched and I go to the login page (either to sign into sync or gmail) on the login page, it freezes and I am unable to type anything in. This has been going on for quite a while (>1 Month), but I still cannot figure out how to fix this. Any help is appreciated.

Sounds like a third party application issue—

if in doubt search the developers website or contact: Support/Help/FAQ/Known issues/compatibility/Updates

Google Chrome Help

Contact a third-party vendor - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2022 8:33 AM in response to RedThunderr

RedThunderr wrote:

• I need help figuring out how to get back to being able to sign into account for Chrome, I can sign in on safari, but many of the extensions and software I use connect to the account on chrome.

Here is what I've tried:
Updated to latest OS and chrome

Sounds like a third party application issue—

if in doubt search the developers website or contact: Support/Help/FAQ/Known issues/compatibility/Updates

Google Chrome Help

Google Chrome Crashes at Account Sign-in Page on Mac Everytime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.