Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PDF Software

New to world of Mac. I need a good package that enables me to create, lock & edit PDFs for my work. i am not interested in any cloud based program or service. I have macOS Montery, version 12.4

Posted on May 22, 2022 8:00 AM

2 replies

May 23, 2022 9:14 AM in response to sturkirr

Apple's Preview is a PDF reader and annotation tool that gives you lock and password settings on the following PDF features in macOS 12.4 via its Info panel (⌘+i):

However, Preview is not a PDF editor that would allow you to modify original PDF content. For that, you will need to spend on one of the available non-subscription PDF Editors:

All of these offer free trialware, and only the first two are in the Mac App Store. If you already have access to Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, then the three bullets are unnecessary.

The native document format in macOS is PDF, and several applications from Apple and third-parties allow you to generate PDFs on macOS. I happen to have MS Word v16.61, Apple's Pages word processing application, and the free LibreOffice Suite installed on macOS 12.4 and any of them can generate a PDF.

PDF Software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.