Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

universal control only allows me to extend desktop to iPad, not control the iPad with keyboard

I have universal control turned activated on my iMac, my MacBook, and my iPad. I can extend/mirror the displays but do not get the option to control the other devices my my keyboard/mouse. All three devices are on the latest OS. What am I missing?

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on May 22, 2022 8:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2022 9:20 AM

If you already tried (to no avail) all the steps provided in the support article that led you here, AND if your iPad is running iPadOS 15.4 or later (not iOS 12, as appears in your product list), AND if you meet all the requirements listed in "Additional requirements" section, contact Apple Support directly using this link:--> Get Support

Regards

Giulio

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2022 9:20 AM in response to KennyGIndy

If you already tried (to no avail) all the steps provided in the support article that led you here, AND if your iPad is running iPadOS 15.4 or later (not iOS 12, as appears in your product list), AND if you meet all the requirements listed in "Additional requirements" section, contact Apple Support directly using this link:--> Get Support

Regards

Giulio

universal control only allows me to extend desktop to iPad, not control the iPad with keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.