Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How To Hide Video Controls In Keynote

I have been searching for a way to hide the video controls playback during the playback of a movie in my presentation once the controls have been displayed by moving the cursor over the screen. The controls are supposed to disappear once the cursor is moved off the screen. They don't disappear. They stay on screen for the duration of the movie.

I stumbled onto a solution just a moment ago.

In "play in the slideshow" mode, I've found that clicking when the cursor on the presenter screen on the line between the slides display and the presenter notes display gets rid of the movie control! This only works when you've chosen "Show Animation and video" on the "Display Options" screen in the upper righthand corner of the presenter screen.

This has got to be some kind of a bug. I know of no other way to reliably get rid of the controls before the video ends.

I hope that helps someone. It's been driving me nuts during my classes at The American Film Institute.

Posted on May 22, 2022 1:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2022 3:08 PM

You did not state what version of MacOS or Keynote you are using

Use these settings if you are using Monterey, deselect "show playback controls when pointer is over a movie"

1 reply

How To Hide Video Controls In Keynote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.