Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos App

Hello, I have an iMac 27" computer and also have a iPhone 13 Pro Max.

I like to take pictures on my iPhone and subsequently transfer them into the photo library on my iMac.

When I connect the iPhone to my iMac, the Photos App on my iMAC opens up and asks me which pictures I would like to import from my iPhone.

However, not all of the pictures on my iPhone Camera Roll show up as "ready to be imported" to my iMac. There are always some pictures that I cannot import.

Would appreciate help on this --- is there a setting on my iPhone or iMac that needs to be adjusted to get all of the pictures?

Thank you.

iMac 27″, macOS 12.4

Posted on May 22, 2022 5:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2022 5:14 PM

RTGanatra Said:

"Photos App: [...]When I connect the iPhone to my iMac, the Photos App on my iMAC opens up and asks me which pictures I would like to import from my iPhone.: However, not all of the pictures on my iPhone Camera Roll show up as "ready to be imported" to my iMac. There are always some pictures that I cannot import.[...]"

-------

Transfer though use of iCloud.

Start Here: If you can't Import Photos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Computer - Apple Support

Another Method:

Enable Photos in iCloud on your new iPad. If they were enabled on your old iPad, then they should popup in iCloud. So, Perform the following in the order provided:

I. On the iPad:

Upload Photos to iCloud:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Your Name (Top Item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Photos
  5. Enable: iCloud Photos

then...

II. On the Computer:

1. Go to: https://www.icloud.com/photos
  2. Download the Photos
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2022 5:14 PM in response to RTGanatra

RTGanatra Said:

"Photos App: [...]When I connect the iPhone to my iMac, the Photos App on my iMAC opens up and asks me which pictures I would like to import from my iPhone.: However, not all of the pictures on my iPhone Camera Roll show up as "ready to be imported" to my iMac. There are always some pictures that I cannot import.[...]"

-------

Transfer though use of iCloud.

Start Here: If you can't Import Photos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Computer - Apple Support

Another Method:

Enable Photos in iCloud on your new iPad. If they were enabled on your old iPad, then they should popup in iCloud. So, Perform the following in the order provided:

I. On the iPad:

Upload Photos to iCloud:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Your Name (Top Item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Photos
  5. Enable: iCloud Photos

then...

II. On the Computer:

1. Go to: https://www.icloud.com/photos
  2. Download the Photos

Photos App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.