Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I convert a scanned document from PDF to JPG in Notes?

I saw that this question was asked in 2020 and got more than 300 upvotes from users who have the same issue. At the time, the response was that Apple does not currently support this feature. Has that changed in the last 2 years?

It seems strange that I can't easily scan physical photos into my Photos app. If this feature does not currently exist, are there any plans to prioritize its development?

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on May 22, 2022 6:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2022 11:03 PM

Hi

Still not available in notes. No one here will know Apples development plan. Apple are not here, and they don't share that information.

You can export the PDF from notes, open in preview and export individual images as jpg from there. But if you have a lot of images in a PDF file, it will be time consuming because they must be exported one at a time. There are some online extractors that claim to be free, but I've not investigated those.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2022 11:03 PM in response to NorCalTransplant

Hi

Still not available in notes. No one here will know Apples development plan. Apple are not here, and they don't share that information.

You can export the PDF from notes, open in preview and export individual images as jpg from there. But if you have a lot of images in a PDF file, it will be time consuming because they must be exported one at a time. There are some online extractors that claim to be free, but I've not investigated those.

May 22, 2022 11:19 PM in response to NorCalTransplant

Which question are you asking here? Is it this one?

or this one:

It seems strange that I can't easily scan physical photos into my Photos app. If this feature does not currently exist, are there any plans to prioritize its development?

In the case of the first one then no, that doesn't seem to have changed (though why you would expect a notes app to have the ability to change the format of a document I don't know), but you can easily open it it in Preview and convert it there.

In the case of the second one, you can.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.