Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Having the same email on both devices

Hi there, I am just trying to get email on my iPhone. I have it on my iPad but would love to have the same email on my phone.

not sure how to sync them up

Thanks in advance

Posted on May 22, 2022 6:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2022 6:50 PM

The answer depends completely on your email service provider, and the method they use to transmit your email. Check your service provider’s website. Choose IMAP as their transmission method if offered a choice.

4 replies

May 22, 2022 7:24 PM in response to Breezey1234

"not sure how to sync them up"

No syncing is required if your mail provider allows an account on multiple devices. For example, my wife uses the same AOL email account on her iPhone, iPad, and Mac.

Things stay "in sync" automatically, because each device is updated by the AOL mail servers.

Try to set up email on your iPhone just like you did when you set up the iPad.

If you could provide the name of your email provider, another user who might be using the same service might see this thread and be able to help. Don't post your actual email address.........just answer to provide the name of the mail service.

May 22, 2022 7:25 PM in response to Breezey1234

Breezey1234 Said:

"Having the same email on both devices: Hi there, I am just trying to get email on my iPhone. I have it on my iPad but would love to have the same email on my phone. not sure how to sync them up Thanks in advance"

-------

Logging in to Multiple Apple IDs?:

If you are referring to being signed in to two different Apple IDs simultaneously on one iPhone, then that is not an option.

Having the same email on both devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.