Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a new Mac mini

I have a new Mac mini and it won’t pair with my wireless keyboard. I finally got it to pair with the mouse buy nothing happens when I click on the apple menu on the top left corner. HELP! How do I get this mini to set up?

Posted on May 22, 2022 8:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2022 8:48 PM

Turn the device off and on:

The Magic Keyboard has a switch on the back edge of the device. Slide the switch to turn off the device (no green is visible), then slide the switch back to turn on the device (green becomes visible).

Earlier Apple Wireless Keyboard models have a power button on the right side of the device. Hold the button until the green LED on the top of the device turns off, then press the button again until you see the green LED to turn the device on.

Make sure Bluetooth is turned on:

Using a mouse, click the Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Bluetooth. Make sure that Bluetooth is turned on.

If the Bluetooth icon doesn't appear or if the menu bar status continues to indicate that Bluetooth is off, restart your computer and then try to turn Bluetooth on again.

Connect the Lightning cable:

Connect your wireless accessory to your Mac with the Lightning to USB Cable or USB-C to Lightning Cable, wait 1 minute, then disconnect the cable. This pairs the accessory with your Mac and charges the built-in battery. To check your accessory's charge level, click the Control Center icon in the menu bar, then click Bluetooth.

Earlier models don’t use a Lightning cable for charging, but have batteries that you replace. Learn how to pair those devices with your Mac.

Check for wireless interference:

If your accessory won't stay connected wirelessly, there might be interference with other wireless devices. Learn how to resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2022 8:48 PM in response to AZkaren

Turn the device off and on:

The Magic Keyboard has a switch on the back edge of the device. Slide the switch to turn off the device (no green is visible), then slide the switch back to turn on the device (green becomes visible).

Earlier Apple Wireless Keyboard models have a power button on the right side of the device. Hold the button until the green LED on the top of the device turns off, then press the button again until you see the green LED to turn the device on.

Make sure Bluetooth is turned on:

Using a mouse, click the Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Bluetooth. Make sure that Bluetooth is turned on.

If the Bluetooth icon doesn't appear or if the menu bar status continues to indicate that Bluetooth is off, restart your computer and then try to turn Bluetooth on again.

Connect the Lightning cable:

Connect your wireless accessory to your Mac with the Lightning to USB Cable or USB-C to Lightning Cable, wait 1 minute, then disconnect the cable. This pairs the accessory with your Mac and charges the built-in battery. To check your accessory's charge level, click the Control Center icon in the menu bar, then click Bluetooth.

Earlier models don’t use a Lightning cable for charging, but have batteries that you replace. Learn how to pair those devices with your Mac.

Check for wireless interference:

If your accessory won't stay connected wirelessly, there might be interference with other wireless devices. Learn how to resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference.

I have a new Mac mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.