Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Continually Restarting

my mac mini continually restarts. its seems to happen more often when im using OBS but sometimes it will lock up and restart when im just web browsing. normally the mouse will remain active for a minute, then beachball, then after a minute restart. ive attached an etrecheck report. any ideas?

Mac mini, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 22, 2022 9:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2022 9:58 PM

I'm guessing that it's a hardware problem. It may be the power supply or the internal parts that are affected.

Try these methods and see if they work. If they don't, please reply or visit an Apple Store for repairs.

1. Disconnect connected devices, USBs or others. if not connected or doesn't work, try method 2.
  2. Boot into safe mode. Here's a link to how to boot to safe mode. Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support. if doesn't work, try method 3.
  3. Boot into recovery mode. If it works, try to open Disk Utility and run First Aid. If it detected problems and can't be fixed, try reinstalling macOS or visiting an Apple Store for repairs.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2022 9:58 PM in response to joots

I'm guessing that it's a hardware problem. It may be the power supply or the internal parts that are affected.

Try these methods and see if they work. If they don't, please reply or visit an Apple Store for repairs.

1. Disconnect connected devices, USBs or others. if not connected or doesn't work, try method 2.
  2. Boot into safe mode. Here's a link to how to boot to safe mode. Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support. if doesn't work, try method 3.
  3. Boot into recovery mode. If it works, try to open Disk Utility and run First Aid. If it detected problems and can't be fixed, try reinstalling macOS or visiting an Apple Store for repairs.

Continually Restarting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.