Related Article: Apple security releases

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t update iPhone XR to 15.5

Why can’t I update to 15.5

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on May 23, 2022 1:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2022 10:50 PM

Austin15k Said:

"Can’t update iPhone XR to 15.5: Why can’t I update to 15.5"

-------

Updating an iPhone:

What to Update?: Installed app and the iOS.

How to do so...

A. Verify Compatibility:

Identify your iPhone model. The first thing that comes to mind in incompatibility being the culprit. So, confirm the model of your iPhone. If iPhone model is incompatible with iOS15 then it is because you iPhone does not meet the hardware requirements for this iOS version(s).

B. If Compatible...

1. Back Up First:

IMPORTANT: If you have an option to update, however, then be certain you backup your iPhone first. That way, you will have something to restore your iPhone from should anything go wrong with the update

then...

2. Proceed with the Update:

Go Here:  Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2022 10:50 PM in response to Austin15k

Austin15k Said:

"Can’t update iPhone XR to 15.5: Why can’t I update to 15.5"

-------

Updating an iPhone:

What to Update?: Installed app and the iOS.

How to do so...

A. Verify Compatibility:

Identify your iPhone model. The first thing that comes to mind in incompatibility being the culprit. So, confirm the model of your iPhone. If iPhone model is incompatible with iOS15 then it is because you iPhone does not meet the hardware requirements for this iOS version(s).

B. If Compatible...

1. Back Up First:

IMPORTANT: If you have an option to update, however, then be certain you backup your iPhone first. That way, you will have something to restore your iPhone from should anything go wrong with the update

then...

2. Proceed with the Update:

Go Here:  Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip

Can’t update iPhone XR to 15.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.