Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PowerPoint

Attempting to open a PowerPoint file and when I try to open it, it simply says that there is a problem with the content in the file and PowerPoint can attempt to repair it. When it attempts to repair, it says 'sorry, PowerPoint can't read ^0'.

Keynote will also not open file.

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on May 23, 2022 1:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2022 1:39 PM

Spambeano Said:

"PowerPoint: File works fine on other computers, so I have ruled out a corrupt file."

-------

See this post by Microsoft: Sorry, Power point can't read. - Microsoft Community

A link it provides that may help: Error message: There was an error accessing the file - PPTools

3 replies

May 23, 2022 2:12 AM in response to Spambeano

Spambeano Said:

"PowerPoint: Attempting to open a PowerPoint file and when I try to open it, it simply says that there is a problem with the content in the file and PowerPoint can attempt to repair it. When it attempts to repair, it says 'sorry, PowerPoint can't read ^0'. Keynote will also not open file."

-------

Troubleshooting PowerPoint File:

A. Single-Out this Device:

What happens when you open this on another device? Do you still get this error? If so, it is likely an issue with the file. If not, then it may be an issue with the current user.

B. Chat with Microsoft Support:

You might need to chat with Microsoft about this. So, Go Here: Contact Us - Virtual Agent - Microsoft Support

PowerPoint

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.