Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Powerpoint error

I had a problem with the images on my pptx file disappearing - thee were present on the thumbnail on the left, but not on the individual slides on the right or when in presentation mode. I closed the file and went back to reopen it, but now get an error:

when I click repair, I get another error: Sorry, PowerPoint can't read ^0.

Is there any way to open this file again, or have I just lost ALL my work?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on May 7, 2021 2:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2021 9:44 PM

Right click the file in question and choose to open it with Keynote instead of Powerpoint.

If it opens, try saving it in powerpoint format. Then see if Powerpoint can open it.

If neither Keynote nor Powerpoint can open it, then it is probably irretrievably damaged and you will need to restore from a backup.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2021 9:44 PM in response to Scottstyles1

Right click the file in question and choose to open it with Keynote instead of Powerpoint.

If it opens, try saving it in powerpoint format. Then see if Powerpoint can open it.

If neither Keynote nor Powerpoint can open it, then it is probably irretrievably damaged and you will need to restore from a backup.

Powerpoint error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.