Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail - Can't reply to emails.

Upgraded to Monterey over the weekend. I can read, send and forward emails, but none of my email accounts allow me to reply to any emails. The send button when replying is greyed out. Can't find any help for this issue. I've restarted the Mac, looked at the settings. Still no luck.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on May 23, 2022 3:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2022 4:38 AM

1 - Suggest restarting in Safe Mode. This will perform a Disk Repair, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts. The boot up will be slow and can take some time - Normal.

2 - Does the issue present in this mode ?

3 - Sometimes a Safe Boot followed by a Normal Boot will just put things right.

4 - With the Mail Application closed completely, SHIFT click the icon to Launch. It is a sort of a Safe Boot of the Application Only

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2022 4:38 AM in response to ADCrow

1 - Suggest restarting in Safe Mode. This will perform a Disk Repair, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts. The boot up will be slow and can take some time - Normal.

2 - Does the issue present in this mode ?

3 - Sometimes a Safe Boot followed by a Normal Boot will just put things right.

4 - With the Mail Application closed completely, SHIFT click the icon to Launch. It is a sort of a Safe Boot of the Application Only

Mail - Can't reply to emails.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.