Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why does Siri stops responding

hello so I was using Siri but what happened was when I told it to open apps it gave me a really loud crackling static and then was not responding even when I manually opened it, I even restarted my mac but still, it was not working, I disabled and enabled it again and now it works, I am curious why that happened?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on May 23, 2022 4:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2022 4:32 AM

1 - Suggest restarting in Safe Mode. This will perform a Disk Repair, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts. The boot up will be slow and can take some time - Normal.

2 - Does the issue present in this mode ?

3 - Sometimes a Safe Boot followed by a Normal Boot will just put things right.

2 replies

May 23, 2022 4:34 AM in response to random67

Are these Two of your questions related why does Siri stops responding - Apple Community

1 - Suggest restarting in Safe Mode. This will perform a Disk Repair, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts. The boot up will be slow and can take some time - Normal.

2 - Does the issue present in this mode ?

3 - Sometimes a Safe Boot followed by a Normal Boot will just put things right.

why does Siri stops responding

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.