Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I’m switching from a pc to a Mac, how do I transfer my music?

How do I transfer music from a pc to a Mac?

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on May 23, 2022 7:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2022 7:58 AM

If your Music library is organized by iTunes and consolidated within the iTunes folder in the Music folder in your Windows profile, you can just copy the complete iTunes folder to the Mac and point the Music App on the Mac to the location of the copied iTunesLibrary.itl file by holding down the option key when first starting iTunes / the Music App on the Mac.

If it's not organized by iTunes and consolidated, and you have music files split in different locations, you will need to make the iTunes Library portable first. See here: link-> Make a split library portable - Apple Community

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2022 7:58 AM in response to ebonyoneone

If your Music library is organized by iTunes and consolidated within the iTunes folder in the Music folder in your Windows profile, you can just copy the complete iTunes folder to the Mac and point the Music App on the Mac to the location of the copied iTunesLibrary.itl file by holding down the option key when first starting iTunes / the Music App on the Mac.

If it's not organized by iTunes and consolidated, and you have music files split in different locations, you will need to make the iTunes Library portable first. See here: link-> Make a split library portable - Apple Community

I’m switching from a pc to a Mac, how do I transfer my music?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.