Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where do I put the SIM card. I have an iPad 9. My daughter sent me the SIM card and tried to walk me through installation but we couldn't see where to do it. She has anIPad and had no trouble setting up her service.

I am trying to set up cellular service on my iPad. I have an iPad 9. It was a gift. I am on my daughter's TMobile plan. She set it up with TMobile and purchased the SIM card and sent it to me. She tried to show me what to do but she is in NY and I am in MA. Where do I insert the SIM card. My IPhone lists the iPad but service needs to be activated

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on May 23, 2022 12:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2022 1:30 PM

The SIM slot is on the right side near the bottom -- if it is a Wi-Fi + Cellular model iPad 9. If it is a Wi-FI only iPad 9 then there is no SIM slot.

Also see: Remove or switch the SIM card in your iPad - Apple Support

1 reply

Where do I put the SIM card. I have an iPad 9. My daughter sent me the SIM card and tried to walk me through installation but we couldn't see where to do it. She has anIPad and had no trouble setting up her service.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.