Sim not supported for new iphone 14 pro max

Hello, I am trying to set up my cellular service on my new iphone 14 pro max which now has eSIM. My old iPhone I am trying to transfer cellular data from is an IPhone XS Max. I cannot get it figure it out or what I’m doing wrong. Please help!

iPhone XS Max, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 6, 2023 7:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2023 8:41 PM

To use an iPhone 14 (eSIM only, in the US) or to use the eSIM available in most recent iPhone models, you will need an eSIM, and not a SIM.

If the iPhone migration is not transferring the cellular plan, contact your carrier.

Some background on eSIM, and eSIM quick transfers and eSIM activations: About eSIM on iPhone - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2023 8:41 PM in response to jenesis146

To use an iPhone 14 (eSIM only, in the US) or to use the eSIM available in most recent iPhone models, you will need an eSIM, and not a SIM.

If the iPhone migration is not transferring the cellular plan, contact your carrier.

Some background on eSIM, and eSIM quick transfers and eSIM activations: About eSIM on iPhone - Apple Support

Sep 6, 2023 7:55 PM in response to jenesis146

jenesis146 Said:

"Sim not supported for new iphone 14 pro max: Hello, I am trying to set up my cellular service on my new iphone 14 pro max which now has eSIM. My old iPhone I am trying to transfer cellular data from is an IPhone XS Max. I cannot get it figure it out or what I’m doing wrong. Please help!"

-------

SIM not an Option:

You likely have a phone made for the Western hemisphere. So, SIM is not an option in you area. Where did you get this phone? Return it, if an option.

Sim not supported for new iphone 14 pro max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.