Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone will not allow me to use data roaming despite my carrier confirming it is functioning ok,

My phone will not allow me to use data roaming despite my carrier confirming it is functioning ok.

I have tried:

• turning phone off & on again
  • turned data off & on again
  • switched data between 5G only, 5G auto, 4G
  • checked with network provider who confirmed who confirmed I should have mobile coverage

i have an iPhone 13 pro

at this moment in time, my iPhone 6 was more useful when travelling:

help appreciated.

Chrissie

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on May 23, 2022 2:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2022 2:07 PM

There is nothing that can be done on an iPhone. The data roaming should have been activated by your carrier when you were in the local area network. Once travelling, the data roaming can be enabled by the same Carrier only if they have network coverage in the area where you are. roaming. The same is true for International Roaming.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2022 2:07 PM in response to chrissie37

There is nothing that can be done on an iPhone. The data roaming should have been activated by your carrier when you were in the local area network. Once travelling, the data roaming can be enabled by the same Carrier only if they have network coverage in the area where you are. roaming. The same is true for International Roaming.

My phone will not allow me to use data roaming despite my carrier confirming it is functioning ok,

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.