Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dragging windows jump to full screen

How do I disable windows jumping to full screen when dragged to either side, top or bottom? I am running Macos 12.4

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 12.4

Posted on May 23, 2022 5:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2022 1:09 PM

You're right Luis, I had no idea this was one of the behaviors of "Rectangle" but now I see it in its Preferences. Thanks for leading me to the right solution.

Similar questions

4 replies

May 24, 2022 11:58 AM in response to Michael Kemper

Hey there Michael Kemper,

Let's see if the info included here helps out: Manage app windows on Mac. We'd suggest going through each section to see if the settings will help you out including the following:

• "Maximize a window: Press and hold the Option key while you click the green button  in the top-left corner of an app window. To return to the previous window size, Option-click the button again.

You can also double-click an app’s title bar to maximize the window (as long as the option to do so is set to “zoom” in Dock & Menu Bar preferences)."

This is found in the guide too. As a suggestion, try this out to see if it will resolve your issue.

Let us know if this helps.

Kind regards.

Dragging windows jump to full screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.