Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I was given a iPhone and my buddy lost his email and can't get into iPhone now

I bought this iPhone and there is his iCloud lock on it and he physically has lost all his info email address and we have tried everything to finding his info but can not so wht can I do with this iPhone 7plus

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on May 23, 2022 9:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2022 1:53 PM

See if he can recover the ID/password. An iCloud e-mail address is an Apple ID. Use every email address he can think of.

Apple ID - How to find your Apple  -  

Apple ID - Find  -     

Other ways to find your Apple ID

He can check if you're signed in to the App Store, FaceTime, or Messages on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac, or check if you're signed in to iTunes for Windows on a PC. You can also go to iCloud.com or appleid.apple.com and see if his Apple ID prefills on the sign-in screen.   

If he forgot the Apple ID (iCloud) password, enter the Apple (iCloud) ID, and click Forgot Password. See if he can get a Rescue or Notification email option if necessary. Link to contact Apple Support at the end of the 2nd article.

Apple ID - Manage  -     

Apple ID – Forgot Password  *      

If necessary, if he is the original owner, contact Apple. Apple can remove the ID  if provided the required paperwork to include the original purchase receipt with the serial number on it. 

Request additional support for unlocking your device.    -

You used to be able to take the device, the original purchase receipt with the serial number, and a photo ID to the nearest Apple Store (if it has reopened) and have them remove the ID. This may have changed, so call the store before going to make sure they can help.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple.   -

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2022 1:53 PM in response to luckycharmz420

See if he can recover the ID/password. An iCloud e-mail address is an Apple ID. Use every email address he can think of.

Apple ID - How to find your Apple  -  

Apple ID - Find  -     

Other ways to find your Apple ID

He can check if you're signed in to the App Store, FaceTime, or Messages on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac, or check if you're signed in to iTunes for Windows on a PC. You can also go to iCloud.com or appleid.apple.com and see if his Apple ID prefills on the sign-in screen.   

If he forgot the Apple ID (iCloud) password, enter the Apple (iCloud) ID, and click Forgot Password. See if he can get a Rescue or Notification email option if necessary. Link to contact Apple Support at the end of the 2nd article.

Apple ID - Manage  -     

Apple ID – Forgot Password  *      

If necessary, if he is the original owner, contact Apple. Apple can remove the ID  if provided the required paperwork to include the original purchase receipt with the serial number on it. 

Request additional support for unlocking your device.    -

You used to be able to take the device, the original purchase receipt with the serial number, and a photo ID to the nearest Apple Store (if it has reopened) and have them remove the ID. This may have changed, so call the store before going to make sure they can help.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple.   -

I was given a iPhone and my buddy lost his email and can't get into iPhone now

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.