Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 15.5 apple carplay cable not working

Since updating to IOS 15.5, apple carplay has not worked. The phone is connected via cable.

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on May 24, 2022 1:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2022 1:03 AM

The solution provided didn't work, I found another forum which pointed me in the right direction. It successfully worked for both my wife and myself.

The issue I found, if Screen Time settings are not turned on then they need to be, obviously a bug, as not everyone wants Screen Time turned on, like myself.

Solutions:

First of all Tuen on Screen Time or enable it.

Make sure that CarPlay isn't restricted. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions, tap Allowed Apps and make sure that CarPlay is enabled.

Go to Settings > General > CarPlay, tap your car, then tap Forget This Car. Then set up CarPlay again.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2022 1:03 AM in response to CraigusMc

The solution provided didn't work, I found another forum which pointed me in the right direction. It successfully worked for both my wife and myself.

The issue I found, if Screen Time settings are not turned on then they need to be, obviously a bug, as not everyone wants Screen Time turned on, like myself.

Solutions:

First of all Tuen on Screen Time or enable it.

Make sure that CarPlay isn't restricted. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions, tap Allowed Apps and make sure that CarPlay is enabled.

Go to Settings > General > CarPlay, tap your car, then tap Forget This Car. Then set up CarPlay again.

Jun 16, 2022 4:15 PM in response to Obriens101

The screen time fix didn't solve my issue. I have tried pairing an iPhone12 Pro and iPhone13 both with iOS15.5 to my 2019 Mini Cooper, and the mini connect software kept saying these are not supported device. I also tried an iPhone8 with iOS15.4, and it paired with no issue. Seems to be a iOS15.5 issue, that maybe something is timed out, as the pairing process was kind of long.

IOS 15.5 apple carplay cable not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.