You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I select all email on an iPhone?

I searched for spam, and I want to remove ALL of it at the same time. How do I select all the email found in a search???

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on May 24, 2022 6:43 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2022 10:15 AM

There are 100's of email. I'm cleaning spam out of an account. I can't select them 1 at a time. There used to be a way of selecting 1, then holding it while you select the destination, and then letting go of both at the same time. That doesn't work on the iPhone 12.

This is such an obvious necessity - why was it disabled?

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 7, 2022 10:15 AM in response to hc1111

There are 100's of email. I'm cleaning spam out of an account. I can't select them 1 at a time. There used to be a way of selecting 1, then holding it while you select the destination, and then letting go of both at the same time. That doesn't work on the iPhone 12.

This is such an obvious necessity - why was it disabled?

May 25, 2022 12:48 PM in response to EllenBEX

Hey there EllenBEX,

Once you have your search results displayed, you can select "Edit" at the bottom of the Mail app, select the emails you want to manage, then select one of the options at the bottom. For example, you can choose to flag those emails, place them in another folder, or delete them.

For more details on deleting emails on your iPhone, use the info below:

There are multiple ways to delete emails. Do any of the following:
While viewing an email: Tap the More Actions button, then tap the Delete button.
While viewing the email list: Swipe an email left, then choose Trash from the menu.
To delete the email in a single gesture, swipe it all the way to the left.
Delete multiple emails at once: While viewing a list of emails, tap Edit, select the emails you want to delete, then tap Trash.
To select multiple emails quickly, swipe down through the checkboxes.
To turn the deletion confirmation on or off, go to Settings  > Mail, then turn Ask Before Deleting on or off (below Messages).

Delete and recover emails in Mail on iPhone - Apple Support

Take care!

How do I select all email on an iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.