Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

email

My mail closes out immediately whenever I open it. Any ideas of what I can do?

Posted on May 24, 2022 7:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2022 7:41 PM

scheo Said:

"email: My mail closes out immediately whenever I open it. Any ideas of what I can do?"

-------

Troubleshooting Automatic-Closing Notes:

A. Start with Safe Mode:

Hold down the shift key upon boot. Then log in, seeing if you still ge this error. Then, shutdown after 30 seconds. Next, boot up normally, logging in as the same user. Any difference? For instructions, go here: How to Use Safe Mode on your Mac - Apple Support

B. Add Notes as a Login Item:

What happens when you add Mail as a login item? Add it as such, log out, and then log back in, seeing if you still get this error.  Go Here: Open Items Automatically when you Log In on Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2022 7:41 PM in response to scheo

scheo Said:

"email: My mail closes out immediately whenever I open it. Any ideas of what I can do?"

-------

Troubleshooting Automatic-Closing Notes:

A. Start with Safe Mode:

Hold down the shift key upon boot. Then log in, seeing if you still ge this error. Then, shutdown after 30 seconds. Next, boot up normally, logging in as the same user. Any difference? For instructions, go here: How to Use Safe Mode on your Mac - Apple Support

B. Add Notes as a Login Item:

What happens when you add Mail as a login item? Add it as such, log out, and then log back in, seeing if you still get this error.  Go Here: Open Items Automatically when you Log In on Mac - Apple Support

email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.