Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What resolutions are offered by M1 Mac Mini (2021) attached to 27" Apple Studio Display (2022)?

I have an M1 Mac mini (purchased summer 2021), and the only options I get on my wonderful 2008 30" cinema monitor are either full resolution, or two very low resolutions (1024x768 being the largest). I use the Cinema at 1600x1000 for readability of fonts, since Apple fails to have system wide accessibility settings for fonts.

If I buy the currently offered 27" Apple Studio Display and attach to the M1 Mac Mini, what resolutions are offered under scaled? How about under scaled when holding Option while selecting the Scaled radio button?

Given this is a 16x9 device I am hoping for 1600x900.

I already know the hypotheticals from long calls to Apple and searching forums: I'm seeking a response from someone who actually has these two devices hooked up. Thanks -- Dan

Posted on May 24, 2022 11:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2022 9:24 PM

I was told there were no studio displays on the island -- must be ordered -- but I took your advice and went to a store anyway. First employee said the same thing, but another employee said no, we have it right here! It was hooked up to the M1 Mac mini and looks great. Option-Scaled gives a wide variety of resolutions to choose from. Thanks -- Dan

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2022 9:24 PM in response to hcsitas

I was told there were no studio displays on the island -- must be ordered -- but I took your advice and went to a store anyway. First employee said the same thing, but another employee said no, we have it right here! It was hooked up to the M1 Mac mini and looks great. Option-Scaled gives a wide variety of resolutions to choose from. Thanks -- Dan

What resolutions are offered by M1 Mac Mini (2021) attached to 27" Apple Studio Display (2022)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.