Newsroom Update

Updates to the Home experience elevate entertainment and bring more convenience. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4K

I wish to send an Apple TV 4K to my friend staying in Sydney from Japan.

My concern is a lithium-ion battery in the body.

Will it get through customs in Australia?

Any information is appreciated.

Max Ogawa

Posted on May 25, 2022 12:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2022 6:07 AM

Refer to Australia Customs regulations. We can’t speak on their behalf.

Refer to Japan and Australia postal regulations. We can’t speak on their behalf.

Refer to International Courier regulations (different from regular postal, e.g. UPS), if applicable. We can’t speak on their behalf.

There is no battery in the Apple TV device, but there is a small 1.55 Wh Li-ion battery in the remote. Australia Post seems to have a 100 Wh limit per device/parcel. The shipping box will likely need warning labels/stickers to signify the presence of batteries.

Try buying in the Australia Apple Store to skip international shipping by you. Apple AU will ship within the same country, so that might be a solution in your situation.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2022 6:07 AM in response to Maxog

Refer to Australia Customs regulations. We can’t speak on their behalf.

Refer to Japan and Australia postal regulations. We can’t speak on their behalf.

Refer to International Courier regulations (different from regular postal, e.g. UPS), if applicable. We can’t speak on their behalf.

There is no battery in the Apple TV device, but there is a small 1.55 Wh Li-ion battery in the remote. Australia Post seems to have a 100 Wh limit per device/parcel. The shipping box will likely need warning labels/stickers to signify the presence of batteries.

Try buying in the Australia Apple Store to skip international shipping by you. Apple AU will ship within the same country, so that might be a solution in your situation.

Apple TV 4K

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.