Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I purchased WhatsApp for my iPad and it doesn't work

Hi I just had a problem on my iPad where I was trying to purchase WhatsApp for iPad where it billed me before even downloading and not w the app is not even working on my device. I tried to get refund or get help as to why this is happening but there’s an error message in reporting portal page.

Any suggestions? Or I might aswell forget about it?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 25, 2022 5:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2022 6:02 AM

The WhatApp developers have not released an App compatible with iPad - the App being currently limited to iPhone.

Whilst the App is not available for iPad - you should be able to access the service using a web browser:

https://web.whatsapp.com/

As for your purchased App, you will receive an email receipt. The email will include a link to a portal where you may request refund of the transaction. A reason for the request will be required. If accepted, the refund to your registered payment card will typically take a few days.

Request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2022 6:02 AM in response to tshegofatso257

The WhatApp developers have not released an App compatible with iPad - the App being currently limited to iPhone.

Whilst the App is not available for iPad - you should be able to access the service using a web browser:

https://web.whatsapp.com/

As for your purchased App, you will receive an email receipt. The email will include a link to a portal where you may request refund of the transaction. A reason for the request will be required. If accepted, the refund to your registered payment card will typically take a few days.

Request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple - Apple Support

I purchased WhatsApp for my iPad and it doesn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.