Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

want to remove all photos from Messages stored in iCloud

My iCloud account is full or nearly full and I want to eliminate photos that are stored in the Messages app from my iCloud account. I've supposedly removed a number of photos, but they don't seem to disappear. Seems like Apple just wants to sell me more iCloud storage. Wish there was a CHECK BOX in Settings for the Messages app that would only keep photos and videos in Messages for a month. That would solve my problem! The photos and videos sent with Messages seem very sticky.

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 15

Posted on May 25, 2022 7:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2022 6:16 AM

See the article Delete messages on iPhone - Apple Support

In the Messages app, you can delete messages and entire conversations. You can’t recover a deleted conversation.

With Messages in iCloud, anything you delete from iPhone is also deleted from your other Apple devices where Messages in iCloud is turned on. See Use Messages in iCloud.

Note : the photos attached with messages will also get deleted .

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2022 6:16 AM in response to RockingWithPJ

See the article Delete messages on iPhone - Apple Support

In the Messages app, you can delete messages and entire conversations. You can’t recover a deleted conversation.

With Messages in iCloud, anything you delete from iPhone is also deleted from your other Apple devices where Messages in iCloud is turned on. See Use Messages in iCloud.

Note : the photos attached with messages will also get deleted .

want to remove all photos from Messages stored in iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.