Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to adjust video full screen mode

Hi,

When playing back videos in full screen mode in Safari on Mac (with the normal video controls, e.g. not YouTube), I am looking for the option to adjust the view so that the video is cropped to be fit in (e.g. so that a 4:3 video is cropped at the top and bottom to make use of the complete screen. On iOS, I would just double tap on the screen for that. Is there an equivalent option in macOS?

Thanks a lot in advance!

MacBook Pro

Posted on May 25, 2022 9:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2022 12:31 AM

I want to eliminate the black bars around a video that has a different aspect ratio than the screen (16:10), not just full screen. And it should be directly in Safari. Just like on the iPhone, where you double tap in full screen mode to change between the default view with the bars left and right, and the cropped view where the notch obscures part of the image.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2022 12:31 AM in response to ku4hx

I want to eliminate the black bars around a video that has a different aspect ratio than the screen (16:10), not just full screen. And it should be directly in Safari. Just like on the iPhone, where you double tap in full screen mode to change between the default view with the bars left and right, and the cropped view where the notch obscures part of the image.

How to adjust video full screen mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.