Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t figure out how to send and receive messages. Not iMessage.

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 15

Posted on May 25, 2022 9:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 25, 2022 11:31 AM

Follow the steps in the support document you posted from.

Do note you need a paired iPhone to send SMS messages to non Apple devices and Apple devices that don't have iMessage activated.

If you are doing this on an iPhone directly, then the type of message sent is automatically selected based on weather you are messing an Apple device, an android device or the recipient using an Apple device does not have an internet connection available so cannot receive iMessages.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 25, 2022 11:31 AM in response to Helpmepleasethankyouinadvance

Follow the steps in the support document you posted from.

Do note you need a paired iPhone to send SMS messages to non Apple devices and Apple devices that don't have iMessage activated.

If you are doing this on an iPhone directly, then the type of message sent is automatically selected based on weather you are messing an Apple device, an android device or the recipient using an Apple device does not have an internet connection available so cannot receive iMessages.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.