Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID-iCloud Safari related issue inquiry

Hi,

I recently updated my OS on my Mac to Monterey 12.14 (I had Catalina on since since 2018). My iCloud has synced my calendars, notes etc, expect the one issue I have noticed is that when I go to apple logo>system preferences>Apple ID>iCloud, everything there (except private relay (which says upgrade) and Hide my Email (Options) is check marked to sync. There is no Safari. Where is it? How can I sync bookmarks between my Mac and iPad?

any help would be appreciated.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on May 25, 2022 11:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2022 11:18 AM

Hi, bookish_1984,

It sounds like you have gone through the steps to set up iCloud for Safari as detailed in Set up iCloud for Safari on all your devices - Apple Support, but aren't seeing the option for Safari on your Mac. Try the following troubleshooting:

1. Make sure there are no restrictions set on your Mac: Use Screen Time on your Mac - Apple Support
  2. See if you can enable it in safe mode: How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support
  3. See if the issue occurs in a new user account: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac - Apple Support

These steps will help us determine if it's something with your Mac user account, your Apple ID iCloud account, or the Mac computer as a whole.

Don't hesitate to respond back if the issue continues.

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2022 11:18 AM in response to bookish_1984

Hi, bookish_1984,

It sounds like you have gone through the steps to set up iCloud for Safari as detailed in Set up iCloud for Safari on all your devices - Apple Support, but aren't seeing the option for Safari on your Mac. Try the following troubleshooting:

1. Make sure there are no restrictions set on your Mac: Use Screen Time on your Mac - Apple Support
  2. See if you can enable it in safe mode: How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support
  3. See if the issue occurs in a new user account: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac - Apple Support

These steps will help us determine if it's something with your Mac user account, your Apple ID iCloud account, or the Mac computer as a whole.

Don't hesitate to respond back if the issue continues.

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!

Apple ID-iCloud Safari related issue inquiry

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.