Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my MX532 printer isn't working form my computer macbook pro

how do i get my MX32 printer, Canon, to work with my Macbook Pro? I have it connected but nothing is happening.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 25, 2022 12:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2022 12:59 PM

Hi,

The Canon MX532 is listed in About AirPrint - Apple Support as a model with support for the driverless AirPrint technology. An AirPrint-enabled model should not need additional drivers, provided that the printer and the computer are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router).

So, to begin with, check that the MX532 and the MacBook Pro both are properly connected to your Wi-Fi network.

A guide from Canon Europe (for similar models, such as the MX535) could perhaps be of some help:

https://www.canon-europe.com/support/consumer_products/apple_airprint_guide/

In case of difficulties with AirPrint, and if the setup is OK, you could try the following procedure:

Power off the Wi-Fi router, the printer, the MacBook Pro, and all other devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the MacBook Pro. Finally, power on all other devices/computers.

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2022 12:59 PM in response to AAbsalom

Hi,

The Canon MX532 is listed in About AirPrint - Apple Support as a model with support for the driverless AirPrint technology. An AirPrint-enabled model should not need additional drivers, provided that the printer and the computer are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router).

So, to begin with, check that the MX532 and the MacBook Pro both are properly connected to your Wi-Fi network.

A guide from Canon Europe (for similar models, such as the MX535) could perhaps be of some help:

https://www.canon-europe.com/support/consumer_products/apple_airprint_guide/

In case of difficulties with AirPrint, and if the setup is OK, you could try the following procedure:

Power off the Wi-Fi router, the printer, the MacBook Pro, and all other devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the MacBook Pro. Finally, power on all other devices/computers.

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

my MX532 printer isn't working form my computer macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.