Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sony DCR-TRV530 Capture

I have an older Sony DCR-TRV530 that works great and a bunch of 8 and Hi8 tapes to transfer.

I did a bunch of them some time back- but I think I used iMovie and an older version. Could have been quite awhile ago.

Back then, it worked well, but of course now with latest OS it will not recognize the camera.

I do have it connected via firewire and appropriate Thunderbolt adapters.

My main video machine:

Mac Pro (2013) with Montereay.

I do have a 2009 Mac Pro and even a older ‘dual mirror drive door’ (although It would not turn on last time I tried).

I suppose I could make an HD with older OS and older FC or even iMovie?

Ideas?

Posted on May 25, 2022 4:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2022 5:36 PM

I was just getting ready to post.

I figured it out.

I am running OS Mojave on a 2009 Mac Pro (desktop).

I of course need to use a Firewire 400 to 800 converter, but it captures just fine.

So it appears after Mojave Apple no longer has drivers for that older camera.

After I import, I must copy over to my newer machine with loads of power and work it over there.

thanks

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2022 5:36 PM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

I was just getting ready to post.

I figured it out.

I am running OS Mojave on a 2009 Mac Pro (desktop).

I of course need to use a Firewire 400 to 800 converter, but it captures just fine.

So it appears after Mojave Apple no longer has drivers for that older camera.

After I import, I must copy over to my newer machine with loads of power and work it over there.

thanks

May 25, 2022 6:09 PM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

Yes, of course you are correct. I used the wrong term- I said FCP could ‘capture’ the video, but really it was just importing from the camera.

Too bad they didn’t have the drivers for that old camera, but it could be the new version of FCP that caused the issue also.

At least I still have a bunch of pretty old machines around (still have my old SE/30 for that matter).

Sony DCR-TRV530 Capture

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.