Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store says there’s an issue with a family members billing when trying to download an app

Everytime i try to download an app even if it’s free it says there’s an issue with a family members billing. Makes no sense I’m not apart of any kind of family sharing. It’s to the point where I can’t even update apps.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 25, 2022 5:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2022 12:50 AM

it says there’s an issue with a family members billing. Makes no sense I’m not apart of any kind of family sharing.

Just for sure check -> see this Apple article: Leave Family Sharing

Leave Family Sharing - Apple Support

It’s to the point where I can’t even update apps.

If you can't make purchases or update apps, including free apps, you need to update your payment method or add a new one

Or -> Sign in to your Apple ID account page and edit / update your Apple ID details.

https://appleid.apple.com

On the Sidebar click Payment methods -> then tap Payments Methods and tap Manage payment method.

See also -> Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID

Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

You can also use your Apple ID balance as payment method:

Add money to your Apple ID balance

Add money to your Apple ID balance – Apple Support (UK)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2022 12:50 AM in response to destinyw16

it says there’s an issue with a family members billing. Makes no sense I’m not apart of any kind of family sharing.

Just for sure check -> see this Apple article: Leave Family Sharing

Leave Family Sharing - Apple Support

It’s to the point where I can’t even update apps.

If you can't make purchases or update apps, including free apps, you need to update your payment method or add a new one

Or -> Sign in to your Apple ID account page and edit / update your Apple ID details.

https://appleid.apple.com

On the Sidebar click Payment methods -> then tap Payments Methods and tap Manage payment method.

See also -> Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID

Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

You can also use your Apple ID balance as payment method:

Add money to your Apple ID balance

Add money to your Apple ID balance – Apple Support (UK)

App Store says there’s an issue with a family members billing when trying to download an app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.