Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Editing and deleting Numbers 5.2 template files

I'm wanting to delete some templates I not longer use AND I need to edit other templates that I need to keep.

I've tried many options to locate the template files I've created in Numbers without success (I DON'T have an iWork folder residing in the Application Support folder of the Library folder).

How do delete/trash templates that I want to get rid of?

Also, how do I edit and save changes in a template without having to create another template?

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 25, 2022 5:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2022 9:45 PM

Go to File > New in the menu and you see the template chooser, which looks like this:

Scroll down and you should see a My Templates section.

Control-click on one that you want to delete and choose Delete.

You can't edit and save changes to an existing template (other than renaming it(. Just start a new document based on a template you want to change, make changes, and File > Save as Template:

Then delete the original if you don't want it any more.

SG

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2022 9:45 PM in response to Philip

Go to File > New in the menu and you see the template chooser, which looks like this:

Scroll down and you should see a My Templates section.

Control-click on one that you want to delete and choose Delete.

You can't edit and save changes to an existing template (other than renaming it(. Just start a new document based on a template you want to change, make changes, and File > Save as Template:

Then delete the original if you don't want it any more.

SG

Editing and deleting Numbers 5.2 template files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.