Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My template has moved FROM "my templates" TO "Miscellaneous" and I can't remove / delete it

I had created a template based on your example "invoice" and saved it to the "my templates" section ... all well and good.

After several operating systems updates.

I had made some changes to the template and resaved it as a "my templates". I now notice that the old one has moved FROM "my templates" TO "Miscellaneous" and I can't remove / delete it.

[Edited by Moderator]

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 26, 2020 9:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2020 10:50 AM

The templates are stored inside the Pages application package:

Since it only is 111 KB in size it's not taking up any significant space on the drive. Also it'll be restored the next time it's updated.

Open the folder and make sure it's the template you want to delete.

2 replies

Jul 26, 2020 10:56 AM in response to martynfromhucknall

You can only rename or delete templates that you have saved in My Templates, with a right-click. All other templates provided by the Pages application are not user changeable.

A template that you save in My Templates is in an entirely different storage location than those default templates contained by the Pages application package, and your saved My Templates templates do not migrate into a System protected, and code-signed application bundle.

My template has moved FROM "my templates" TO "Miscellaneous" and I can't remove / delete it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.