Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Instrument “UM-ONE” sends to a MIDI port named “UM-ONE” of MIDI interface “UM-ONE” which no longer exists.

Looks like this question has been asked many times over.

Despite reading: https://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/profile/1-david-nahmani/ multiple post diff forums, I still can't figure it out.

Am I supposed to check every output on every channels in the 'MIDI environment' (under 'Window' on the Logic menu at the top of the screen) until i see the "UM-ONE" as an output and change it or delete it?

Thank you

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on May 25, 2022 6:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2022 8:10 AM

Hi, sorry for the delay in responding. If changing the "ghost" port for an External MIDI track to "Off" doesn't work, then you'd probably need to have a look at the Environment. I'd look in "Click & Ports", "Mixer" or in "All Objects" layers.

9 replies

May 27, 2022 11:12 AM in response to Radarhus

I created the same situation on a new project so a little easier to search for the culprit. I plugged in a kaoss KP3 through a usb. It gave me it as a choice in the 'Port:' By unplugging the kaoss, I now left a ghost. Where do I go to remove it from the project?

I did the same with the 'usb to midi UM-One' cable and looks like it removes it automatically when unplugged but for some reason didn't do it with the KP3... (I prob did the same thing in the original project) 🤪

Thank you much for your time. 🙏🏽 🙏🏽

May 26, 2022 4:03 AM in response to ikatwind

Hi, from what you describe, the answer is yes, since this is a project-specific MIDI port setting. Though, I don't think it's really necessary to delve into the Environment. Should be enough to browse through External MIDI tracks in your project and look in the Inspector what their Output ports are. If you find one of them assigned to "UM-ONE", just change it. That's how I see this.

May 26, 2022 11:30 AM in response to ikatwind

Hi again, no worries, my pleasure to help! Could you post a screenshot with any "other" track with its Inspector included?

Also, from your screenshot, it looks like you do have a "UM-ONE" object embedded in your project (in the upper left corner, under "Library"). This represents a physical MIDI port, if I understand the situation correctly, i.e. a physical MIDI device connected to your computer and Logic. And some of your MIDI tracks may be set to output data to this physical port, which doesn't exist any more in your setup (cause it's disconnected at the moment, correct?). Hence the error message.

If that's the case, you may try to locate MIDI tracks that are set to output data to that port AND change their port setting to "Off", then save the project. That would be a non-destructive way to fix this issue, as compared to finding a "UM-ONE" object in the Environment and deleting it altogether.

May 31, 2022 11:10 AM in response to Radarhus

Yes sorry. I'm a visual person so took a bit of digging to understand where to look in the Environment window. 🤪 new at this...

Under 'Layers' on the top left corner I was able to find what you were referring too . Simply did a right click on KP3 SOUND and that deleted it. Saved the project and restarted for it to gone, bye bye, sayonara for eva.

🙏🏽🙏🏽

Instrument “UM-ONE” sends to a MIDI port named “UM-ONE” of MIDI interface “UM-ONE” which no longer exists.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.