Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Turned off Find My but didn't sign out of Icloud on old device when resetting

Hey everyone!

I recently upgraded to a new phone and I turned off my Find My Iphone on my old phone but didn't sign out from Icloud manually and then I erased all content and settings. By doing this will it sign me out of Icloud automatically on the old phone?

I checked icloud.com to see my devices and all I see is my new phone there, so does that mean I dont need to worry about my old phone?

I am also trading the old phone in at my carrier's phone store if that is information that is needed.

Thanks

iPhone 6s

Posted on May 25, 2022 8:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2022 11:11 PM

If you have disabled Find My iPhone and then made a Factory Reset of your iPhone, then there are no problems. When you do your reset, all information, including your Apple ID, will be deleted from your phone. The problem is only if Find My is enabled. You also write that your iPhone has been removed from the list of your devices. Which confirms to me that it is "out of the system".

So, no worries, and enjoy your new iPhone.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2022 11:11 PM in response to nuytengsu

If you have disabled Find My iPhone and then made a Factory Reset of your iPhone, then there are no problems. When you do your reset, all information, including your Apple ID, will be deleted from your phone. The problem is only if Find My is enabled. You also write that your iPhone has been removed from the list of your devices. Which confirms to me that it is "out of the system".

So, no worries, and enjoy your new iPhone.

Turned off Find My but didn't sign out of Icloud on old device when resetting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.