Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

White spot on MacBook air m1

This is my brand new MacBook Air. I've purchased this MacBook air about five days before only. There is an two white spot on my macbook air. I don't know how it is happened. I need some tips to remove this white spot.

Thank you

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on May 26, 2022 1:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2022 2:12 AM

As MacBooks have an aluminum body compared to other laptops, they are prone to scratching. From the pictures, it doesn't look like it is a scratch or dent, so try cleaning it in accordance to the following guide, so as to prevent any further damage:

How to clean your Apple products - Apple Support

It is completely normal to get a scratch every now and then on your laptop, it's part of the process... If you find that you cannot clear it, try to at least get used to it, as it doesn't affect how the laptop functions in any way. If you want to prevent any further damage, you can get a MacBook case. They come for a relatively low price, and it really pays off.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2022 2:12 AM in response to mouleesh

As MacBooks have an aluminum body compared to other laptops, they are prone to scratching. From the pictures, it doesn't look like it is a scratch or dent, so try cleaning it in accordance to the following guide, so as to prevent any further damage:

How to clean your Apple products - Apple Support

It is completely normal to get a scratch every now and then on your laptop, it's part of the process... If you find that you cannot clear it, try to at least get used to it, as it doesn't affect how the laptop functions in any way. If you want to prevent any further damage, you can get a MacBook case. They come for a relatively low price, and it really pays off.

White spot on MacBook air m1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.