Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo iCloud sync

Hi :)

A few days ago I did put my Photo library (about 8.5k photos and videos) on iCloud. All photos seem to have been uploaded. Then I started sharing those in two shared albums with my family. I used two shared albums as one was limited to 5k. The first 1.5k photos were shared without problem with the family members, but then it all stopped about 3 days ago. The second album never appeared on the other family members stream. I have plenty space left. Does anyone know what could have caused this stop / pause?

Thanks

Patrick

Posted on May 26, 2022 1:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2022 2:30 AM

There are also limits on how many photos you can share per hour/per day. See here:

My Photo Stream and Shared Albums limits - Apple Support

I don't know if photos shared above those limits have to be reshared after the time period has passed, or if the system will just catch up.

3 replies

May 27, 2022 10:52 PM in response to TonyCollinet

Thanks Tony for your quick reply.

I found indeed that there were time based limits. But I thought I didn't reach them and most of all, it's unclear when / how they get lifted.

I will wait a few additional days :)

Thanks

Patrick

Jun 5, 2022 9:57 PM in response to TonyCollinet

it works now … after a few days my non-synched pictures and additional shared folder did disappear both from the original library and the librairies with whom they were shared. After that I could add all pictures and everything works as expected now.

thanks for your help Tony

Photo iCloud sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.