Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

if i buy a new macbook pro can i pay apple to move my files from my old mac computer to the new device

if i buy a new macbook pro can i pay apple to move my files from my old mac computer to the new device

Posted on May 26, 2022 7:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2022 7:32 AM

burl288 wrote:

You would have to contact you r local store and see if they can accommodate you.

Find a Store - Apple

Other wise it is easy enough to do yourself:

The most trouble free way to move to a new machine, is using the Setup Assistant on the initial boot of a brand new machine— you have one shot here. Set up your MacBook Pro - Apple Support

The second best way is use the Migration Assistant.

How to move your content to a new Mac Move your content to a new Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2022 7:32 AM in response to burl288

burl288 wrote:

You would have to contact you r local store and see if they can accommodate you.

Find a Store - Apple

Other wise it is easy enough to do yourself:

The most trouble free way to move to a new machine, is using the Setup Assistant on the initial boot of a brand new machine— you have one shot here. Set up your MacBook Pro - Apple Support

The second best way is use the Migration Assistant.

How to move your content to a new Mac Move your content to a new Mac - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.