Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Group conversation vs group text.

Being a former android user I find it frustrating that I cannot distinguish group TEXT (a message with images to multiple recipients) vs group CONVERSATION on iPhone, where responses go to all recipients. BAD DOG NO BISCUIT Apple!!!!! Fix it!!!!

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on May 26, 2022 12:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2022 1:26 PM

Frustrate007 wrote:

Being a former android user I find it frustrating that I cannot distinguish group TEXT (a message with images to multiple recipients) vs group CONVERSATION on iPhone, where responses go to all recipients. BAD DOG NO BISCUIT Apple!!!!! Fix it!!!!

Not sure what a group conversation means but you can click here Send a group text message on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2022 1:26 PM in response to Frustrate007

Frustrate007 wrote:

Not sure what a group conversation means but you can click here Send a group text message on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

May 26, 2022 6:55 PM in response to razmee209

iPhone only creates group conversations, it’s what you create when you add several people to an MMS iMESSAGE. EVERYONE the text is sent to sees EVERYONE’S responses. Group texting, not available unless you uses SMS only (can’t send attachments), is an available option on android….and responses are sent only to the originator of the text. I found it my go to texting method. GROUP CONVERSATIONS are best used in business or other types where all responses are needed…..

Group conversation vs group text.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.