Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Malware from email

I recently received an email I thought was from Facebook saying someone had logged into my account and to click a link to report it. I stupidly clicked on the link which then opened an auto filled out email reply that said - it was not me and my email address. Which I sent.

Is it possible I have installed some sort of malware or anything I should be worried about or is it more likely I will only receive far more Siam emails? Is there anything I should be worried about or action I should take?

thanks for any advice. I have an iPhone XR

Posted on May 26, 2022 1:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2022 1:19 PM

No. You have not installed any malware from that email. What you have done is confirmed that you have a FaceBook account with that email address. You have also confirmed that the email address is valid.

Ensure that you have 2 Factor Auntentication set up for your FaceBook account so that there is another security measure setup to prevent unauthorized logins.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2022 1:19 PM in response to Elmo_1

No. You have not installed any malware from that email. What you have done is confirmed that you have a FaceBook account with that email address. You have also confirmed that the email address is valid.

Ensure that you have 2 Factor Auntentication set up for your FaceBook account so that there is another security measure setup to prevent unauthorized logins.

Axel F.

Malware from email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.