Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lagging when loading mail app

I have a iPhone 13 pro max using iOS 15.5 and I’ve noticed that the mail app is taking 5-6 sec to load…this is the only app that I noticed is lagging…I have 1TB of storage and about

833 GB free…what’s up??

Posted on May 26, 2022 3:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2022 2:34 PM

After some additional research I discovered that when the mail app load fresh it looks at all the email accounts that you have set up as well as going through all your blocked email accounts which can take the 5-6 secs lag time…iF I keep the mail app open in the background between the times of checking for emails the lag time is not there…Hope this will help others with a similar question about lagging mail app opening..

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2022 2:34 PM in response to alma1090

After some additional research I discovered that when the mail app load fresh it looks at all the email accounts that you have set up as well as going through all your blocked email accounts which can take the 5-6 secs lag time…iF I keep the mail app open in the background between the times of checking for emails the lag time is not there…Hope this will help others with a similar question about lagging mail app opening..

May 27, 2022 3:11 PM in response to Twoducksjd

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, Twoducksjd!

We understand you've noticed that an app takes a long time to open the email app. We'd be happy to provide information to help you out.

Try the steps here to troubleshoot the app:

If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open - Apple Support

Have a great day!

Lagging when loading mail app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.