Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Annoying issue when editing Facebook posts

I don't believe this is a Facebook issue, as I am only having this problem when using my iMac. It is not occurring with my iPhone (or Android phone).

When I go to edit a post I have made on either my feed or in a group I belong to, a pop up edit window comes up as it should, but no txt appears (screenshot attached). I have pop-ups set to "allow" for Facebook so I can't understand why the edit window never appears correctly. Has anyone any suggestions for what might be causing this?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on May 27, 2022 1:59 AM

Similar questions

8 replies

May 28, 2022 6:17 PM in response to Justakiwi

OK, I just discovered something. I was accessing Facebook web version, as I prefer to do that, than install too many apps - especially on my phone which doesn't have a heap of storage. I just installed the app on my phone, and it now allows me to edit and delete my posts. There is no official app for Mac.

So it would seem that Facebook web version is incompatible with Mac and iOS. Kind of feels like that might be intentional on their part.

Anyway, thanks for all the help. I will mark this solved now.

May 28, 2022 3:35 PM in response to Justakiwi

Just because something works in iOS (iPhone) does not mean it will in Mac OS - they are two different operating systems.

And, since the problems are on their website, I would think that it is indeed a Facebook issue - FB needs to be compatible with Mac OS, not the other way around.

I do not use FB, so I cannot help contacting them.

Annoying issue when editing Facebook posts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.