Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

TIME MACHINE RESTORE

OK, so the time machine restore first said it was going to take 40 some odd hours, it is at 52% and it has been 28 hours already, but now its telling me its going to be 41 hours? and its not moving... only a slight percentage every hour or so, but the time keeps getting higher... at this rate it should be back by Christmas?

What should I do? I have it restoring on a 1TB 3.0 Flash. so I thought that might be the issue. I have read some of the other questions and there was no definitive answer, can you tell me exactly how to reset this computer to get it back?

It took me forever to finally get it to do this.... it crashed and had a folder with a question mark on it.. Now it would appear its stuck, its a company computer, so I was hoping to restore it.... If not is the only other thing to wipe it out and install a new OS? and if so... How do I do that?

Thanks for your help

Posted on May 27, 2022 9:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2022 10:01 AM

The question I ask is why did your Mac crash? Is it experiencing an undiagnosed drive problem?

It's very possible that a failing drive is causing the extended restore time.

You were able to reinstall the macOS before finally attempting to restore from your backup, yes?

Did you run Disk Utility > First Aid on the startup drive of the Mac?

Is this the process you're using to restore your files? > Restore your Mac from a backup - Apple Support

You may want to abort the current restore and attempt to restore to an external drive. That drive may have to be prepared - erased and formatted - using another Mac before you connect it to this one and try the restore again.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2022 10:01 AM in response to Radioflyerrick

The question I ask is why did your Mac crash? Is it experiencing an undiagnosed drive problem?

It's very possible that a failing drive is causing the extended restore time.

You were able to reinstall the macOS before finally attempting to restore from your backup, yes?

Did you run Disk Utility > First Aid on the startup drive of the Mac?

Is this the process you're using to restore your files? > Restore your Mac from a backup - Apple Support

You may want to abort the current restore and attempt to restore to an external drive. That drive may have to be prepared - erased and formatted - using another Mac before you connect it to this one and try the restore again.

TIME MACHINE RESTORE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.