Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Data Migration error message, “Unable to connect. Old Mac could not be reached."

Trying to transfer information from my old mac to my new mac using the migration assistant and I keep getting an error message “Unable to connect”. “Old Mac could not be reached. I have done all the steps many times and still get stuck at the place where you hit continue to transfer the information, I keep getting the same error message “Unable to connect”. Both computers are on the same wireless network, etc. Ensure both macs are on and connected to same network. You may try temporarily turning off firewalls…. I turned off firewalls and both macs are turned on and connected to same network. I have followed migration assistant step by step to no avail….can someone please help?

Rlvj

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 27, 2022 2:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2022 6:47 AM

Precisely HOW do you use a cable to connect an iMac (2019) and MacStudio? Do you need a Lightning or is USB-C cable enough. What are the settings needed on each machine?? THANKS

Similar questions

3 replies

Data Migration error message, “Unable to connect. Old Mac could not be reached."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.