Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Amazon Prime Video app no longer working after IPad OS upgrade

Since I updated my iPad to operating system 15.5 the Amazon prime app won’t load videos. I’ve called Amazon and it seems like they’ve been able to fix it a couple of times. It says playback error number 7144. Now Amazon is telling me it’s an apple issue and I can’t fix it any longer so I can’t play any prime videos. I am at a loss as what to do I’m just stuck in prime video no longer works on my iPad.

iPad mini 4, iPadOS 15

Posted on May 27, 2022 6:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2022 4:12 AM

No issue here with videos not loading or playing, whether streaming or from the download. If you've already tried restarting your iPad, try deleting the Amazon Prime Video app and downloading it again from the App Store. You'll need to sign-in again in the app.

iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPadOS 15.5, Prime Video ver. 9.11

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2022 4:12 AM in response to JeanieWb

No issue here with videos not loading or playing, whether streaming or from the download. If you've already tried restarting your iPad, try deleting the Amazon Prime Video app and downloading it again from the App Store. You'll need to sign-in again in the app.

iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPadOS 15.5, Prime Video ver. 9.11

Jun 1, 2022 11:40 AM in response to Roote

Done that many times for months. I deleted it restarted it reloaded it called Amazon had them reset it seven different times which is what it is taken. If they don’t go in and unlatch it somehow it doesn’t work at all no matter what I do. Even though they said it’s not their problem it’s an apple issue because it’s happened since the upgrade, only they can do something on their end that makes it so that I can utilize it at all. It’s stuck until they do that. Seems to be a bug in the new upgrades it’s not compatible with Amazon Prime Video on the iPad mini

Amazon Prime Video app no longer working after IPad OS upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.