Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Randomly Playing Misic

I have a new iPhone 13 and when I plug my Pillow Talk speaker in to listen to the Calm app my phone randomly plays music I don’t have on there. I’ve closed all the apps and it’s stills plays. On the firsts night it played a song called Mug Full of Vodka 3 times randomly through the night. On the second night I was treated to Right Said Fred by Bernard Cribbins, the following night a song by Ed Sheeran. I don’t want to miss out on the calm app but the broken nights are exhausting. Today I plugged the speaker in during the day and got Ode to Joy from André Reiu…I don’t have any of these songs on my phone, I barely have any music on my phone. We’ve done everything the internet tells us to do and it’s still happening, does anyone have any clue what to try next?

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on May 28, 2022 11:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2022 10:52 AM

Hello CAMSELL,

Do you have Apple Music? If so, please check the following steps per Add music to your queue to play next on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Android device - Apple Support

Autoplay takes the work out of choosing what to play next. Just play a song, then Autoplay finds similar songs and plays them afterwards.

To see your Autoplay queue:

1. Tap the song that's playing at the bottom of your screen.
  2. In the bottom right-hand corner of your screen, tap Playing Next.
  3. Scroll down to Autoplay. 

To turn Autoplay on or off, tap the Autoplay button in the top right-hand corner of your screen. If you turn off Autoplay on one of your devices, then Autoplay is turned off on any device that's signed in with your Apple ID.

This could be causing the unknown music to play. Let us know if that is enabled.

Thanks!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2022 10:52 AM in response to CAMSELL

Hello CAMSELL,

Do you have Apple Music? If so, please check the following steps per Add music to your queue to play next on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Android device - Apple Support

Autoplay takes the work out of choosing what to play next. Just play a song, then Autoplay finds similar songs and plays them afterwards.

To see your Autoplay queue:

1. Tap the song that's playing at the bottom of your screen.
  2. In the bottom right-hand corner of your screen, tap Playing Next.
  3. Scroll down to Autoplay. 

To turn Autoplay on or off, tap the Autoplay button in the top right-hand corner of your screen. If you turn off Autoplay on one of your devices, then Autoplay is turned off on any device that's signed in with your Apple ID.

This could be causing the unknown music to play. Let us know if that is enabled.

Thanks!

iPhone Randomly Playing Misic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.