Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri Mac Air 2020

My Siri keeps turning off, I check the Hey Siri box and it is still on yet she is not responding. I keep having to shut the enable/hey Siri off and go through the process of reseting it.

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on May 28, 2022 2:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2022 2:33 PM

Hello!

Do you by any chance own any other Apple Devices? And if so, are they in the same space as your laptop when you say "Hey Siri"? Hey Siri only responds on one device (usually the one closer to you, but it doesn't have to be that), so you may be getting a response, just on another device.

If your problems persist, please check this article: If Siri on Mac doesn’t work as expected – Apple Support (UK)

Hope this helps!

-flef

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2022 2:33 PM in response to twoladies1

Hello!

Do you by any chance own any other Apple Devices? And if so, are they in the same space as your laptop when you say "Hey Siri"? Hey Siri only responds on one device (usually the one closer to you, but it doesn't have to be that), so you may be getting a response, just on another device.

If your problems persist, please check this article: If Siri on Mac doesn’t work as expected – Apple Support (UK)

Hope this helps!

-flef

Jun 6, 2022 8:05 AM in response to flef6

OK I did have my phone close by and it was silently responding. I turned off the hey Siri feature on my phone and moved it into another room. After a day or so Siri shut off on my laptop anyway. Not sure what to do next, I have just been shutting it down and re-inputting the whole hey Siri questioning and it lasts a couple of days and then it shuts itself off. ???

Siri Mac Air 2020

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.