Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a problem my phone was stolen and I didn't delete it

Welcome

I have a problem my phone was stolen and I didn't delete it from my icloud account

They deleted it from my account so that I can't track my device because all the account information is on my phone

iPhone XS Max phone type

iPhone XS

Posted on May 28, 2022 3:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2022 3:58 PM

Your Apple ID password is either known to the thieves, or the thieves convinced somebody with the password to remove Activation Lock, the thieves have phished either you or Apple, or the thieves have bypassed that security.

Change the Apple ID password.

As for the iPhone, it’s gone.

If you have no backups, the data too is gone.

What data is stored in iCloud should still be available, assuming the thieves didn’t choose to disable and delete that,

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2022 3:58 PM in response to mimouni162

Your Apple ID password is either known to the thieves, or the thieves convinced somebody with the password to remove Activation Lock, the thieves have phished either you or Apple, or the thieves have bypassed that security.

Change the Apple ID password.

As for the iPhone, it’s gone.

If you have no backups, the data too is gone.

What data is stored in iCloud should still be available, assuming the thieves didn’t choose to disable and delete that,

I have a problem my phone was stolen and I didn't delete it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.